ShowerUp Engagement Director
ShowerUp is a nonprofit providing mobile showers for those experiencing homelessness.
ShowerUp serves those experiencing homelessness and anyone in need by providing mobile showers, hygiene resources, and personal care. It’s our goal to Shower Grace, Hope, and Love with everyone. ShowerUp is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to build relationships, restore hope and dignity, and show the love of God to those in need by providing them with shower services and personal care.
Inside the ShowerUp mobile shower units, guests will find private, comfortable “shower suites” with a clean shower and sink with plenty of hot water and whatever they need to Shower Up!
ShowerUp is a non-profit, 501c3 charity. We are supported through the gifts and donations of individuals, families, businesses, churches, and anyone who wants to Shower Grace, Hope, and Love.
For more about ShowerUp, please see our website www.ShowerUp.org or check out our social media.
Looking for a position where you can make a real difference and be part of a faith-based nonprofit?
The ShowerUp Engagement Director is a key part of our team. Most of our new volunteers and donors come to us through social media and our online engagement. Additionally, this role is responsible for increasing support and building significant relationships. The position requires experience and comfort interacting face to face with those experiencing homelessness, up-to-date knowledge of social media platforms and how to utilize them, very good organizational skills, excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills, an understanding of ShowerUp’s social media values and “voice”, and comfort speaking to groups and/or the media.
· Coordinator of social media for ShowerUp. Including: gathering and creating content and publishing for Instagram and Facebook, creating reels, stories, posts, and other engagement tools, updating and managing the ShowerUp TikTok, and finding successful ways to communicate and interact with our constituents. This position comes with the objective of building our audience and engagements across all platforms in current and future markets.
· In order to collect content, be personally on-site and involved in at least 3 of our ShowerUp events per week with our Nashville Monday night event being top priority. Occasional travel to other markets will also be required.
· Coordinate ShowerUp’s public relations with media, digital media, radio, television, print, blogs and podcasts. This includes individual markets, new markets, and nationally
· Responsible for developing partnerships, sponsorships and in-kind donations of national accounts. We are looking for at least 3 new national sponsors each year.
· This role also includes the development, management, and oversight of at least 3 fundraising events such as galas, dinners, golf tournaments, etc. in Nashville, Huntsville, and Chicago. (One in each city.)
· Being the “face” and representative of ShowerUp when needed with public appearances, events, media, etc.
· Occasionally create videos for fundraising, media, presentations, etc.
· Team meetings and other duties as assigned.
This position is full-time, salaried, 40 hours/week based in Nashville. This position reports to Vice President and COO. Because of the necessity to gather content, this position requires frequent, direct contact with people in the unhoused community. It also requires some work outside, some travel (mileage and per diem available), appropriate professional attire and personal appearance at times, the ability to stand for up to 2 or 3 hours, ability to lift up to 25 lbs., cell phone less than 3 years old, cell phone plan adequate for the needs of the position, experience and proficiency editing written content, photos, and videos, computer with video editing software, personal transportation, and read, write, and speak English.
As a forward-facing team member, you will need to understand and be able to communicate ShowerUp’s mission, vision, and core values.
The annual salary range for this position is $45K-$52K plus benefits (paid time off, health insurance, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, etc.), a semi-flexible and semi-remote work schedule, ShowerUp apparel, and bonuses for reaching fundraising goals.
It also requires the adherence, support, and representation of ShowerUp values, culture, and principles such as collaboration, excellence, honesty, stewardship, respect, etc.
If you think this sounds like something you would love, we look forward to connecting with you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
None at this time.
- Please describe your work with people who are experiencing homelessness or your related professional or volunteer experience that interests you in this position.
- Explain in as much detail as possible your comfort and experience with social media, please.
- Experience creating and running fundraising events would be extremely helpful with this position. Please describe your experience in this area.
- Please read the job description carefully. It includes things like working with volunteers, interaction with donors and potential donors, organizing fundraising, public speaking, and creating and overseeing social media…which one or ones would you enjoy the most?
- If you are interested in the position, please include a cover letter explaining why you feel this would be a good position for you. Or include that information here:
- This position requires direct contact and on-going relationship with people who are experiencing homelessness. They may have a criminal background, substance abuse issues, mental health issues, etc. Is that something that you are comfortable with? Please explain why you are interested in that kind of work.
- Serving the homeless or those in need: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person and remote
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest to you along with your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “ShowerUp Engagement Director” in the subject line.